my toddler is 2 & 1/2, she was potty trained well before age 2, (only pee) but now refuses to even sit on the potty!

I have tried rewards, prize jar (worked the first time) idk what happened, but she stopped and will not even sit on the potty! I even bought a $45 seat , next step

stephanie13322

Asked by stephanie13322 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sometimes when you "train" them early, they don't actually officially train and they can revert back at any time. Sounds like your daughter is doing exactly that. My SIL did it as well, her dd was 18 months and she CONTINUOUSLY had to keep retraining her for over a year and a half after that!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 3:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Maybe she got scared? did she fell inside the toilet ? mine learned at 15 months but it was because she really did not like the diapers maybe if you get a toilet seat whit her fav cartoon on it I got one for 5 dls with sponge bob and she loves it lately she doesn't want to use it because she says she is too big for that lol
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My son was potty trained for the entire summer while about a year and a half and now he is two and wont really sit on it. Its ok, remember dont force, your toddler will show interest and then will stop and then show interest again. What i do is always keep showing her the potty, if she says no then dont fret and dont push, if she says yes jump up and down sing and laugh and clap ( i looked like an idiot but it works lol). When your toddler is ready she will let you know. My son is now starting to slightly get back on the potty and i just keep the potty where he can get to it and anytime he gets near it or looks at it i offer. i also offer the potty about 10 minutes or so after he eats and drinks too.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Then the answer is that she really wasn't potty trained.
    A fully potty trained child will pee AND poo in the potty and won't revert so badly.
    Anonymous