What will help me poop?????

I wasn't regular before pregnancy but now it is terrible. I eat apples, prunes, fiber bars, fiber cereal, metamucil and drink coffee and nothing works. A couple of nights i have drank milk of magnesium and that makes me sick! And then when I do go, it feels worse than labor, because it is so hard!!! So now what?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Senakot - it is a stool softener.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• drink more water and also get prune juice i have seen a bottle that is like 500 ml and I am very irregular and metamucil or eating fiber and prunes did nothing to me but the prune juice makes me go like you wont believe and no cramps
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I agree with the previous post. Try to find stool softeners, not laxatives or fiber supplements. Laxatives and fiber supplements are usually pretty harsh and upsetting to the system, giving gas and cramps. Stool softeners just make things softer so they pass easier. Drink lots of water as well as the fiber you eat. Also, you may be getting too much iron. Iron will make you constipated, but it you were like this before being pregnant, it probably isn't the iron in prenatals if you are taking them.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 3:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Drink warm applejuice, or water, eat LOTS of fiber. Celery, carrots etc. It should do the trick!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• talk to your doctor deff. it isnt heathy for you or your baby to not get rid of waste. also maybe try the activia. I sometimes have problems as well but with sometimes as little as one container of activia i am back to normal and please dont give up on activia if it doesnt work the first time. my children for a time as well were also having trouble and activia helped also you can try mineral oil i have personally never have tried it but it have been told it clears you out.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 3:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• water mama.... it will do wonders!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• drink a glass of warm water every morning! its gross drinking warm water but after a few days your love that you tried it
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 3:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• You need the perfect combination of water, oil as in fish oil, and fiber. You have taken in way too much fiber which is dry and actually constipating you, basically you made yourself worse. You need more water and oil to lubricate the intestines and soften the waste. Try to stay away from fiber for a day or two while consuming more water and oil. Then, try to find a good balance for you between the three.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Glycerine suppositories....Just make sure once u put it in, you hold it in as long as you can...dont go with the first urge...try to let it completely dissolve...takes about 15 minutes.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 4:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Drink lots of water!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2011