Would you be willing to do this for charity?

I've had experience with this participating in and running a charity event and I'm wondering what others think. An event that we've found that works really well for charity fundraising is getting people messy - particularly slimed with like nickelodeon slime and/or hit with pies in the face. Of course the volunteer gets totally messy and so does their outfit. However it sort of makes sense, and I've now seen it in practice, that you can raise more money if the volunteer is dressed up in a nice, clean outfit, with makeup/hair done nicely. The more dressed up the better, especially when the outfit is really fashionable. So I'm wondering, if you volunteered to get slimed and pied, would you be willing to dress up: wear something nice (fashionable outfit, preferably with heels) and put a lot of effort into your appearance, in an effort to raise more money? 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• AS long as I was assure it was nothing that would stain and I has non- dry clean only clothes that suited the request.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Sure.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes! If I have the money to buy a nice suit, I have the money to get it dry cleaned too. No big deal.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Well the pies (whipped cream) will not stain but there is a chance that the slime will stain... Probably not but we couldn't guarantee people it will not stain their outfits. Although I would think a dry cleaner could get it out!

I like the idea of the suit haha! Now that would be funny :) I don't have a suit but I should think of getting one for myself to wear... For the others what would you specifically wear?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Sure - I can look nice without destroying anything too expensive to replace :)
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Sure! It's all in the name of charity and fun!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 3:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Sure. If I was concerned about staining an existing outfit, I'd just drop by a local charity thrift shop and buy something... help two charities with one event!
    PeaceLoveKnit

Answer by PeaceLoveKnit at 3:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would! Could go to thrift store or yard sale and buy something cheap! Would be fun.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011