bunny

ive been thinking about getting a housetrained bunny... could those of you who have had one let me know what you think of it.. pors and cons?
thanks

momaholly

Asked by momaholly at 3:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Pets

• oh i love bunnies they are so cute and lovable. we had one and she was like a little cat she would jump right into your lap when you sat down. but now that we have two cats and two dogs i dont need another animal. pros are cute and cuddly, great family pet imo, care and maintenece is easy you just give them food and water and clean their cage and a little brush every now and then. cons is they can scratch little ones if they arent picked up the right way or scared, very sensitive to household cleaners, if they get sick you have to act fast, will chew on cords and wood work.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• thanks!
    momaholly

Comment by momaholly (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• cats and dogs scratch too. bunnies pee and poop where ever they want. you can litter train them, but most still have accidents. they chew everything. I kept mine in a cage for her own protection and that of my furniture, wires, etc. but they do make really good pets. I have 2 right now but they are outside in hutches. their urine and feces smells really strong so you would have to really keep after the littler box. i bring my rabbies in sometimes to spend time with them. they are show rabbits and i just bred them. I can't wait for babies. i am giving them to 4-H kids including my grandson. good luck with the bunny if you get one.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 5:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I love bunnies. I have had several in my life and they are amazing. However, they are not easy pets to care for. They are definitely not for everyone, especially small children. Take a look at this closely and if it sounds like too much then a rabbit is not for you.
    http://www.fuzzy-rabbit.com/
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 8:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If you decide you can handle a rabbit I recommend Holland lops. They're a good size. And whatever breed you choose, males tend to be more affectionate. I had one that would give me kisses when I opened his cage. :)
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 8:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2011