Why are people so angry when it comes to politics?

I have my political views and you have yours. Its a great freedom we have to be able to talk about our opposing views. There is always anger and blame. Every president cannot please everyone. Congress and the Senate can't either. I think our personal situations have alot to do with it. If you are poor and need welfare and health care you want a Dem...if you are making good money and own nice things you may want a Rep...I may be wrong but until you are in a situation where the "other parties" may be helping you out lets try to be more respectful. Wouldn't you want your kids to be respectful of other people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• true :0) But people secretly enjoy havin somethin ta complain about

Enjoy your day
    skyisbluenow

Answer by skyisbluenow at 3:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Because they're right and you're wrong. That's all it's about. Who's right and who's wrong. There's no gray area.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't call it so much anger, but more like PASSION!! I get very passionate when it comes to politics, and even MORE passionate when it comes to oblivious people!!

This is a DEBATE section, and politics affects each and every one of us, whether you pay attention to it or not! I personally have no use for those who come into the politics section and say they can't be bothered with such things as politics is boring, people are too argumentative, or "it is what it is!" This is why there are categories here for EVERYONE!! Discussing politics is not for everyone!! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If you are poor and need welfare and health care you want a Dem...if you are making good money and own nice things you may want a Rep.

If you are poor and need welfare you may want a job. Therefore you should vote for a rep.
    If you are making good money and have nice things you may want to keep them. Therefore you should vote for a rep.

Hmmm, where did you say dems fit in?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Why are people so angry when it comes to politics?

Because they understand them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Oh, but if you think we're "angry," then you're NOT paying attention to what it is that we're so passionate about!! I happen to LOVE my country, and get annoyed at those who WON'T educated themselves and REFUSE to consider, for a moment, that what is going on with the CURRENT ADMINISTRATION is not in this country's best interest.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• lets try to be more respectful. Wouldn't you want your kids to be respectful of other people?

Out of curiosity, if the anger and discussion bother you so much, why are you intentionally starting a condescending drama post in a debate section (anonymously, to boot) in the first place?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Respectfully agreeing to disagree is difficult when it comes to politics, economics, money and religion.

Because hitting people upside the head with your POV is going to make them change their POV-

Yes, I raised my kids to be respectful, attentive, responsible and polite, and as young adults, THEY ARE-even more so when they are out in the community or conducting business.

Op, while you are probably correct about the Rs vs Ds,my family is an anomaly. Corporations are being treated as people (and better than), and I do not care for that mentality-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Troll Anon posts are getting very tiresome…  

Answer by NotPanicking: Out of curiosity, if the anger and discussion bother you so much, why are you intentionally starting a condescending drama post in a debate section (anonymously, to boot) in the first place?

As NP said, you posted anon, which is annoying to begin with and this post is meant to do one thing only, angry...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Never said the "discussion" bothers me so much...and its people exactly like you i am talking about...TROLL? REALLY? Maybe if there were more adult, passionate conversations and not angry rude one's we could understand eachother more. Plese don't make me look like I am starting anything. Asking a question is part of Cafemom, but your childish answer shouldn't have even been posted. Save your name calling for the playground.
    Jenna
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011