my son is 3 and still will not poo in the potty.

I have been trying to potty train him for about a year now with little luck. he will pee but rarely ever poo in the potty. but when he goes to his dads house he will do both no problem. I have spoken to his dad and step mother and asked them what they did and have used their tactics and still not working. I am very fustrated with him. I feel like he is doing it on purpose because I will ask him if he has to go throughout the day and he says no or only goes pee and then a few minutes later tell me he poo in his pants. please any suggestions will be helpful.

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 3:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hang in there and keep at it. maybe taking longer to clean up will help, i mean like have him undress and get in the tub wash himself find his clothes and dress but slowly so he doesnt get to have fun...might motivate him to just use the potty so he can play instead of spending so much time cleaning up.
    Brooke505

Answer by Brooke505 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i havent tried it that slow but i do make him clean himself up and now cuz it seems like he is doing it on purpose i make him sit on the potty for a few minutes after wards.
    iluvmymomasboys

Comment by iluvmymomasboys (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I had the same problem, except my son would never poo solid. So what we did was make him sit for 5-10 mins after about 5 mins after each meal and we told him to try and push atleast 3 times and if he went he went if not then no big deal but i also noticed that taking away a toy during the day that he loved until he used the potty helped too. he saw it as a reward and now will go poo on the potty everytime
    roxygurlie526

Answer by roxygurlie526 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2011