Do you wear fur or leather?

Why or Why Not?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 3:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I wear leather - I like it. I also own leather furniture. It's a by-product of a consumable.

I don't wear fur, I don't believe in raising animals for their pelts alone. If there were a "consumable" animal that produced a pelt I would wear I would.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I watched a video on PETA about fur.  It showed some extremely gruesome footage of animals being DEfurred so my answer is no.  Leather?  I have no idea if I wear leather or not.  No leather jackets or anything like that, but aren't the soles of shoes made out of leather?  I don't know.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I wear leather. I can't afford fur. If I could afford fur, I'd wear it to.  I don't have any personal moral or ethical issues about wearing either.

SweetSprinkles

Answer by SweetSprinkles at 3:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i would wear leather. i buy very little, dont know why though. i think in my mind someone's gonna say something about it and i'm gonna end up hating it. the fur, i only wear on coats, fake fur though
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Leather yes and our couches are leather. I have no desire to wear fur but I have nothing against others that do.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Right now I have one leather coat and I usually buy leather purses and shoes, they seem to last longer and stay clean better. If I remember right I'm pretty sure the "fur" coat that my mom bought me years ago is fake but the coat that was handed down to me from my grandmother has real rabbit fur on the collar. Otherwise, my husband's a hunter. One of his friends is in the process of making a gun sock out of the deer skin from a deer he killed this year. And because the coyotes have grown too much they're planing on hunting some of them and making things out of their fur too. So, I don't have to buy fur and as long as they're doing it for a good reason, not just for "sport", I'm happy.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I wear leather
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i do wear leather..love it! and i also have a few accessories of the furry kind. i'm rather neutral on 'why or why not'..i just buy/wear what i like.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• yes to both, but not the exotics or ones facing extinction

firelites

Answer by firelites at 3:07 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• yes I do. I wear it because I like it
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2011