Adult acne, What to use?

pswiley

Asked by pswiley at 3:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• My sister and I have pretty bad adult acne and somewhat oily skin (face, neck, back). We've tried EVERY product - but she and I landed on a simple (Grandma's recipe) remedy. Get a bottle of alcohol, put 40 aspirin in it - let em dissolve - shake it up and use it to treat the acne - works like a charm.

We use an oil cleaning method too. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Caster Oil and Sugar 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 tsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp of caster oil - mix it up in your palms, and gently exfoliate your face with it. Rinse off the extra sugar, then put a hot cloth over your face for a minute. Gently rub off excess oil - but leave a light application of oil (for moisturizing). Within a week you'll see a difference in texture, complexion, tone, etc. Reapply olive oil daily (3 or 4 drops) and exfoliate as needed with the sugar mixture as needed.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 12:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Mine is hormonal as well. I use Noxema for my face wash then a exfoliate at least twice a week and I use Almay's acne concealer stick. Works wonders
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Aveda has a great line for adult acne; www.aveda.com. You can go into an Aveda salon and they will help you find the products best suited for your skin, or you can order online. I had horrible acne in my 20's, and couldnt ever seem to get it completely under control. I've been using Aveda products for about 6 years now, and my skin is always clear - even through my last pregnancy.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If you have a bad zit...rub raw garlic on it and it goes fast.
    sabianmom

Answer by sabianmom at 3:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I get hormonal and stress-induced acne, and the only thing, beside harsh chemically treatments, that has knocked out 90% of my acne is the oil cleansing method and African black soap. You can look up the oil cleansing method online to get ideas of what oils would work best for your skin. I just use coconut oil, and it works great. Then I wash with the African black soap to remove excess oils. I also use a light organic moisturizer afterward.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Treatment also depends on the type of acne. You don't want to make the mistake of over washing and drying out the skin. You can spot treat with tea tree oil (works GREAT), garlic, Clearasil, whatever. But if it's pretty persistent and all over, I'd see a derm because there are good topical things to use. Also, watching what you eat and drinking lots of water makes a difference. Sometimes dairy makes acne worse...but who am I to talk, I love cheese!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i use proactive
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Consult a mother and top model on this website: www.dawngallagher.com. You will find out how to deal with adult acne using natural, inexpensive remedies.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 10:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i use st.ives apricot facial scrub in the shower then i use olay toner, the toner gest all the dirt from my skin, lastly i use olay hydrating creme. these products keep me from breaking out.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Proactive
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011