Depression?

Molly is 13 months old. I love her dearly, but i find myself just not happy anymore. I'm not happy about anything. I'm sitting here crying because I'm a stay at home mom, currently. Today is my boyfriend's, and her father's, day off. He chooses to do other things than watch our daughter, which makes me more stressed out because I end up watching her, even when he's doing absolutely nothing. I get angry easily, for no real reason at all. This has been going on for about two weeks. It feels like a sudden change in how I feel about everything. I can't help but push other people away now that I feel like this.

Help?

cleverusername

Asked by cleverusername at 12:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Health

• Your depression is perfectly normal. We, as people, have tried to create explanations and cures for everything under the sun even though they are part of life. Of course you're depressed! Your boyfriend doesn't help with Molly and you're stuck doing it alone. You're a stay at home mom that doesn't get enough adult interaction. You want to work and can't have a job good enough to provide total independance. Your whole life is "mom". You feel like there's no "you" anymore? That's normal, too. It's hard to be a mom even when you have all the right stuff going for you. But your feelings are normal! It's your mind's way of avoiding complete burn out! You won't always feel like this, I promise. My book suggestion is something fiction and trashy if you can find one!:) Jump into some fantasy and give your brain some candy. Meds are fine if you want to avoid learning that life happens to all of us.
    gothmomx10

Answer by gothmomx10 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Girl, i hear ya. Ive been feeling the same for about 2 mths. Idk, i cant stop crying, moody and hate just about everyone except my children. Its tough being a sahm and feeling like shit. I made my appt. today to see my doctor. Maybe, you should go see yours too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• try reading a book my joel osteen it helped me
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• it sounds like depression, but it also sounds like frustration since ur stuck at home all day, with no interaction, and when ur bf gets home he does nothing. i would talk to him, see if there is any way to work it out for u to go out too every once in awhile, and if that still doesnt work then i would talk to ur dr about maybe a rx.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• oh i remember those days..try to talk to him about how your feeling and if all he's willing to do is take you out one night a week find a sitter and go out to dinner or something..books are good but be sure you read the right ones don't make yourself more depressed..good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Hi, I have been in your shoes many times having 5 children and one on the way. You have to speak up, not be rude but speak up and tell him that you need a few hours just to chill be yourself and maybe window shop if funds are low or go to the park and read a book. Let him know you are trustable in what you have chosen to do because guys sometimes are worried about their beauties getting away from them. Then as aherbal consultant I would also suggest that you get some pro-g-yam cream. As a woman too because that is what I do when I just can't shake the down feeling. Also if you are feeling like you need to make a difference in your world and maybe bring in somespending money I have the web site for you. Just e-mail me for the address. I will be praying for you and I hope you cheer up! It does get better!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 10:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2008