Do you like your friends?

Some people don't like their friends but they're still their friends. I have maybe one or two people I don't like who are my friends. Why is it that we allow people who don't like to be our friends? DO you think friends need to break up just as much as a couple needs to if things aren't working out after so many years?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know if I'd call it breaking up, but friends do drift apart over time. Nobody is the same person at 30 that they were at 18. If old friends are getting on your nerves, start cutting back your contact until you can just classify them as "person I used to know". It may be when they are reduced to someone you occasionally swap a comment with on fb, the things that annoy you won't seem so annoying anymore.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I like them or they would not be my friends.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• All of my friends are to me like my family, we have known each other for years and have grown old together, now we compare aches and pains......

Answer by older at 4:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes.  I have one friend who I am STARTING to seriously not like.  I am giving her a chance though because I'm not the easiest person to get a long with, lol.  I don't "break up" with my friends, I just stop speaking to them.  It seems like when I've had enough of the BS, I just go away, ha ha.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I used to have friends that I didn't like when I was younger because I was desperate for company. I have let those people out of my life though, I didn't like them for good reasons. Now, I only have a couple friends but they are people that I truely like and admire.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• if you dont like your friends than you shouldnt talk to anyone that doesnt make sense i hate fake people...grow up
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Bree,

It's kinda hard when you've known them for ten years and they're suddenly starting to get on your nerves. Don't judge.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• To let someone in ur life who doesn't do right for many yrs is a longtime...it shouldn't take one to show right that long wether is friend or bf...one has to learn to let folks go
    diosa694

Answer by diosa694 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• The friends that I have in my life, rare there because I truly want them to be there. I used to have "friends" that at one point we were close, but had drifted apart and become different people. And they no longer HELPED me in my life, rather they caused more problems. At that point, i let them go. Real friends try and help make your life better, not create more problems for you.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I like all of my friends. If I don't like someone, I wouldn't be friends with them. What's the point in being friends with someone you don't like.

SweetSprinkles

Answer by SweetSprinkles at 4:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2011