Describe the last good vacation you went on?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 4:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Travel

• I don't really think I have ever had a vacation I would say wasn't my favorite. Last year we went to Myrtle Beach and spent most of our time of the beach. Just not having the hustle of work is my favorite time.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I went to the Highlands of Scotland,. That was beautiful and amazing. The people are so friendly and to walk along the paths of my ancestors was surreal.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• it has not happened but next year it will.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Gosh I'd have to say 2007 when I went to Germany and South Africa. Since then, I met my husband and married him and he is soooooo bad with money that we can never save up to even have a vacation.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Went camping last fall.. it was a blast!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• One of my best vacations was East Africa. I went on safari and my trip report is 9 pages but short version is: Private safarti vehicle, sleeping in lodges and in a baobob tree. Great food and wine, elephant walking by at dinner one night, lions roaring in the morning, a leopard sleeping in a tree about three feet from our noses, the green colors and smells of Africa, the warmth of her people, sharing stories around the outdoor bar with other thrilled travelers from around the world. Absolute heaven.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Last month we went camping along the coast of California. It was an awesome family trip to unwind and reconnect. My hubby had just got home from being out to sea and we needed to get away from things and make it just us. It was very cheap and we mostly did outdoor free things. We fit a zoo and Alcatraz in there, along with a couple of nice dinners out. It was just right for our family.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• two summer's ago..we cancelled florida plans/hurricanes, and went to a cabin/mountain lake-resort. it was fabulous! we'd been there before, but not for an entire vacation. we loved it! i think i left the grounds once, to go to a nearby town to shop for a few hours; otherwise, we just took in all the resort offered, was waited on hand and foot, relaxed by the pools, used the childcare facilities/activities, and had a fabulous time. we didn't even have to move the car from one place to another; they use resort-taxis/buses, available during any of the working-hours of any restaurant/activities on the resort grounds, which means they run from 7am-12pm. beautiful country/views, too! we forgot all about the beach!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Trip to NY, quite a few years ago, before the depression.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011