My 15 year old son had a heartache last year.I have spoiled him since.My 18 daughter feels like I don't do enough for her and feels jealous.Only a mother would understand.I need help to keep my family together..

MomRocks23711

Asked by MomRocks23711 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• This is something that happens in most families, just keep doing for all and it will blow over, some kids feel this way more than others, but as a mother, I understand. Explain to your daughter that some people need more than others....

Answer by older at 4:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i suspect that you would all benefit from family counseling

Answer by rkoloms at 4:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Listen to her and take her concerns and go to counseling.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• But it is totally hard for for to watch your son died right in front of you.Watching the EMS use the paddles on him twice...They did also a drug test came out neg..Four days later had a double bypass..Two weeks put his name on list for a transplant..Two days later had a pacemaker and then 8 days got staff infection and to take it out and put another one in..He went thru hell..
    MomRocks23711

Comment by MomRocks23711 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I understand that but you gotta try and realize you have other children who need you too. I mean who am I to say what to do, but just try and think of the feelings of your other kids. THey're probably going through this just as much as you are, but where's their emotional support? I think it sucks what you're going through. I'm truly sorry, but try not to forget your other kids.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I honestly feel if you can't/won't love your children equally you shouldn't have had more than one child. Just because your daughter is 'healthy' doesn't mean she doesn't need the love of her mother.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 4:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Okay...that would be a HEART ATTACK not a heartache. Was thinking he got his heart broken by a girl.

And yes, THERAPY would be good for the entire family. What happened to your son affected ALL of you. He went through hell, so did all of you and I'm sure that your daughter is feeling a bit neglected right now. Take her out for dinner just the two of you.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have to agree, therapy would be good for everyone. Yes, you feel like you have to baby him, but you can't forsake one child for the other. You would hope that a 19 yo would understand, but that doesn't always happen. I had a sibling attempt to kill herself when I was 17 yo, and my parents did all they could for her and I was left to my own. At the time I thought it was great because I had no expectations put on me, but now when I look back,even at this age, if feels like they just didn't care enough to spend any time with me. It is time for a real conversation with her. Good luck.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Then take time to spend with your daughter and be glad she wants to hang out with you.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes your baby boy has been through hell but you are also not helping the situation...you have to accept the fact that children get sick and even sometimes pass away but you can not protect them from everything...you will regret it when you have a 40 yr old son living in one of the rooms in your house because you placed this fear of death or even illness that caused him not to go out and live life...and a daughter who wont have anything to do with you because she felt your son was more important than her "minute" needs....smh
    Anonymous