31 weeks tomorrow.....

and my baby hardly ever moves. my baby really never moved that much in the first place. just little movements and flutters here and there. but thats mostly it. so my question is should i be worried and is this normal at 31 weeks??

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Do kick counts. If you count less than 10 kicks/flutters/movements in 2 hours, you should call your doctor. You may have it (forget whats its called? placenta previa?) where your placenta blocks the babies' movement since it's upfront. (Hope that made sense)
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• ok thanks
    Tricia737

Comment by Tricia737 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• It's normal and like the other person said if it's less than ten in two hours call or simply go to the hospital .
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If you've had minimal activity from the start and all has been well in previous appointments I wouldn't worry. Now if there's a decrease in activity then you should keep a close eye and call your health care provider. The standard kick counts are based on an average and where you've been bellow average from the beginning you don't need to stress if you don't have the normal 10+ movements in two hours. Good luck and trust your instincts.
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 6:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2011