Will you be friends w/ an adulturer especially if you find it disdainful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I have been friends with an "adulterer" and I might be friends with one right now but am not aware of it.

In friendship, the only thing I expect is the person be reliable and treat me with respect. I don't judge my friends. If I did, I wouldn't have any.

The only reason I would end a friendship over behavior that had nothing to do with me is if the person was doing illegal things. I don't want to hang around with criminals.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 7:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I have a friend who is a habitual adulterer and I still love her like a sister even tho I don't agree with what she's doing. But would my hubby trust me going out with her? NO, because he'd be afraid she'd cover for me... it's like when your kids are hanging around with problem kids, are you gonna agree to it? Nope.... want to stop a problem before it starts if you can. But yea, I'm her friend and I always will be, but I've told her to never ask me to lie for her because I won't (her hubby knows she does it and is okay with it most of the time)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• It depends on if it was a one time thing or not! Also, not if I couldn't understand why they would ever do something like that. Everything is not black or white! There is a lot of gray areas. You would have to be very open minded and understanding. Otherwise it would never work!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I have been friends with an "adulterer" and I absolutely did not agree with what he was doing....but that doesn't mean I cared for him any less.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 7:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• i've been friends with adulterers, a sister to one, and committed adultery myself(once knowingly, once unknowingly). i loved all three of us, but didn't appreciate being 'used' as an excuse to commit adultery by the friend(subsequently quit going out with her, because she'd always hook-up, knowing her husband thought she was with me), and by my sister(who knew i'd never tell-all persons involved were great friends, and fellow church-members). i do not look at my own adultery(he was married, i wasn't) with pride or excuse..i was wrong, and should have refrained. it has,however, made me look at things from a different perspective. no one knows why anyone else makes the choices they make, no one else has to live with those decisions...only one responsible for me is me.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• after being cheated on i can honestly say that i would never be friends with an adulterer. i had a woman chase my SO knowing he had a family and was proud of what she did. if i ever found out a friend of mine was doing that our friendship would be over, regardless if i had known them 20 minutes or 20 years... jmo...
    muensters_ma

Answer by muensters_ma at 11:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• if they are my friend and i find out, i dump em as a friend, i don't need people like that around me.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 12:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2008