Should I use a crib bumper?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 5:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think they want you to use them anymore. They can get tangled and suffocate I think.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 5:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I used mine until she started to move a little on her own and we took them out.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 8:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• You are not supposed to use the ones that are quilted and solid. But I have the ones that are mesh to keep my baby's arms and legs in the crib without me having to worry that she might suffocate.
    kmstockwell

Answer by kmstockwell at 8:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i bought a pack n play with all the accessories, i don't like cribs, they take up too much room, and all the recalls freak me out. i personally would never use one, but if you do, i see no prob if you take out when they become active. my dd is 9 weeks and already scoot herself around.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 7:27 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I just took the bumpers out of my 17 month old's crib because I didn't want him using them as a booster to climb out of the crib. I never had a problem with them and honestly can't see how a baby can get tangled up in it. I know they say it can happen, but I was never afraid of that.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2011