10 year old threatens to kill

A 10 year old girl told my two children (same age) she was going to kill them. I got it in writing actually. This girl has been bullying my girls for 2 years now(plus the whole neighborhood). Everything we have done to stop it has not worked! Now it has resorted to death threats against my girls. Her parents think she is perfect and can do no wrong. I know my kids are not but this is not their doing its her and I have several parents that will back me up.
Do you think its to much to have this girl arrested for her threat. Cops have been called all I have to do is go file the warrant. Her being only 10 Im wondering if I am doing the right thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• YES she obviously needs help
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 6:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Can you ask the police to go talk to her about her threats, at that age that might be all that is needed. I would hesitate about having her arrested. If she goes to Juvenal Detention, she will come out worse.

I don't know... I am sure lots of moms will be calling for blood, but I just think maybe you should try to get the officers to talk to her first. Then if anything like this happens again, definitely file a warrant.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I'm not so sure about the police, but Id talk to the parents, tell them that if they don't get this taken care of, like get her into some sort of consuling you will be calling to police. And letting the school know about the death threats. Because you have this in writing her parents can no longer denie it.,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would take this death threat seriously and file the warrant. Maybe this will be the 'wake up' call this child and her parents need to see that SOMETHING is wrong and that child NEEDS HELP! Better it come now before she hurts/kills someone!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Also, document all contact your girls have with her. Times and dates along with details from each altercation. That way you have proof of her behavior.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Do it she needs to learn
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 6:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Perhaps not to arrest her but to have the cops show up and scare the living crap out of her. These threats are unacceptable and she needs to learn this lesson. If the only other choice is the warrant, do it. You may be saving a life here....
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• The officer did talk to her parents. I really dont think she cares. Ive never met a child so evil to be honest. She is a puppet master. She will start conflicts step back and laugh while children fight.

She taunts other children in the neighborhood, one of my neighbors has caught her drinking!! By looking at her family you wouldnt think she was like this and her parents have no clue or just ignore it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Then go do it. If the cops talking to her did nothing, then push it and file the warrant. Maybe that will finally sink in how dangerous she is.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Given this update, I would do the warrant. Giving room for "talking" and negotiation would imply the parents are amenable, which they don't seem to be. Giving legroom is postponing the inevitable....to me.
    Anonymous