A clean rave

I'm throwing my sister a clean rave for her 18th birthday. No drugs, no alcohol, and she isn't into any of that and neither are any of her friends. We are having the dancing in our barn which we are covering the walls in black gossamer with glow in the dark stars all over it. Chirstmas lights on the beams, and glow in the dark glitter on the foor. There will be black lights, fog machines, bubble blowers, black lights, and a disco ball. Plus lots of balloons and a tinsel curtain in the entry way. I'm not too worried about the decorations in barn, more so in the eating area. We have a patio with a huge fire pit that will be used for the eating area. Tables with black table clothes and some sort of centerpiece, but what kind of centerpiece? I don't want anything cheesy, and I need candles of some sort, but I also need it to go with the theme. Any ideas? It's her 18th birthday party, so I need them to be semi mature., nothing childish. Help!! I'm at a total loss. Centerpieces, decorations on the patio? She is no help btw, she just says she doesn't care bc she doesnt like people spending money on her.

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 6:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• you could do edible centerpieces. Candy trees (empty bottles, glue gun, and individual wrapped candies) or you could do cookie bouquets, with tea light candles... If you don't want to do an edible center piece, you can do stars and candles....get you some tapered candles and wire, strong enough to stand up and bend outwards. Glue little wood stars on the ends. you could even paint them a neon color to go with the glow in the dark stuff in the barn.

I did a quick search for candle centerpieces, came up with a lot of great ideas and pictures.
    http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1C1RNPN_enUS386&q=candle+centerpieces&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=ATJPTa-IJIPGlQfgw73rDw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CEEQsAQwAA&biw=1131&bih=643
    Good luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• do candles with tinsel wrapped around it simple but cute
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 6:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• wow kitchenwitch covered it all. i am proud of your sis for not wanting people to spend money on her and not being into anything like drugs and alcohol. I wish there where more like her. Give her a big birthday hug from me and one for yourself for doing this for her. God Bless
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 12:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2011