placenta previa.....

can this hurt the baby if you have placenta previa???

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't hurt the baby during pregnancy. It just means that your placenta is too close to or over top of your cervix. Sometimes they move sometimes they don't. When it becomes an issue is when you go to deliver, the placenta can detach prematurely or just be completely in the way so a c-section is needed. I think our c-section rate is way to high in this country, but this is one time when it truly is life saving and needed.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• ok cause i can hardly feel my baby move and im about to be 31 weeks tomorrow.
    Tricia737

Comment by Tricia737 (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Talk with your doctor about fetal movements, it may be completely ok - but it's always better to be safe. I had a complete previa with my youngest, they delivered him via emergency c at 34 weeks. He didn't seem to move as much as my previous 2, but there are 8 years between him and my next oldest.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• my ob/gyn ain't doing nothing for my pregnancy. thats why im trying to find a new one. cause i tried making appointments and they said i don't need to be seen. which i do.
    Tricia737

Comment by Tricia737 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I had it my son is fine. The doctors always keep a close eye on it.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 11:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• It might mean that you possibly will have to have a c-section when you deliver.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:26 AM on Feb. 7, 2011