What cold medicines can I give my 22 month old?

Everyone in my family is sick right now including my toddler. Im pretty sure its like a flu and just curious what kind of medicines I can give him. Thanks.

MommyAmbie

Asked by MommyAmbie at 7:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• tylenol,chicken noodle soup.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• its no longer considered safe to give your daughter cold medicine but you can give her tylenol for the fever I prefer Ibprofen cause it lasts longer and works better for fevers and pain also if her throat is hoarse or sore try a teaspoon of warmed honey on her throat if she has a runny nose you can give her some saline drops wait a min then either ask her to blow her nose or suction her nose wichever is easier on you to vicks vapo rub for her chest and then just push fluids likes soups and pedialyte for severe congestion a humidifier in her room or take her to the bathroom turn the shower on hot and have her sit there and breathe in the steam for about 15 min and if not better within a week I would call the doctor just to make sure its not bacterial
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 7:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I worded that honey thing wrong don't actually put it on her throat just give her a teaspoon of warmed honey sorry lol
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 8:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I base dosage on my sons weight. The safety level has changed is because of people that over drugged their kids. I never just shove meds on my kid, but he is so congested. I got Tylenol Plus: cold and stuffy nose. I give him a 1/2 tsp. I never give him Tylenol when I give him this because it already has it in it. The key is to read and know what you are giving your child.
    For the flu, you really need to increase fluids and plain Tylenol will probably do the trick, since fever and vomiting are flu related.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2008