Why does the babies name matter?

Just want to hear your side.

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 6:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• thats a stupid question without names what will u call ur kid thing
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 6:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i have to agree with suhweetness. That is a retarted question.

amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 6:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Huh? Your 'question' is about as clear as mud! Matter how? Matter to who?
    Anonymous

• Last name you mean?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• The first name of the child should be something that has meaning. It should stand for something and have substance. It's going to be the name that they're going to be known for, for the rest of their lives. It should be something they can be proud of.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I think a name is one of the first gifts you can give your child. It should have a special quality or meaning to you. My son's name is a gift from both his mothers. His birth mother chose a name from the Bible and then we as his parents who will raise him chose a name for him. A name is an important part of who you are. People tend to grow into their names. What a big job just to name your child. No wonder why so many parents put so much thought and love into choosing a name.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• names matter because people automatically associate certain characteristics with certain names....no, its not right, but its the truth. you want to make sure your childs name reflects the type of person you want them to be.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• who let the bitches out of their cages??? wow! im not sure how i feel about names, my kids i picked what i liked, and what i could yell down the street! and made sure they weren't anything anyone could tease them about, my son is corban, i don't like it anymore...lol. so i call him cj. my dd is eva. i really wish i had named her ireland, b/c it is beautiful to me. but we had been calling her eva ever since we found out it was girl. and i got the name from the movie wall-e. i like saying eeeeeeeeeva! lol
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• why not? :)
    angela.bouchard

Answer by angela.bouchard at 1:59 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• What Jazz said.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2011