my ddd came home from her dads

and the first thing she says is my daddy hates you and called you the b word...how should i handle this

suhweetness

Asked by suhweetness at 6:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd be calling daddy and asking wtf?

Answer by admckenzie at 6:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My son told me once that his Dad hated me I just said "That's okay becuase your Dad use to LOVE me and KISS me all the time" It made him smile and laugh. I haven't had a problem with it since.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 6:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• You should agree with dad that neither one of you talks badly about the other. It isn't fair to the kids
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I'd be calling him up and telling him that if he wants to continue to talk nasty about you in front of your daughter, plan on seeing her less. In a nicer way though. I'd be telling him that you don't speak ill of him in front of her, and you expect the same respect from him. Don't blow it off. Don't joke about it, it's not funny, and if is going to continue to say those things, what is your caught going to think about you, or her dad? I'd go to the source of the problem.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Wow. I would call him and give him a piece of my mind. I don't care how he feels about me he should NEVER express that kind of feeling to any of my kids. They should never have to know how much he dislikes me. (If that's the case.)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would be calling him and telling him, she isn't allowed over there if he's going to be talking like that in front of her.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i know when i was with him he use to talk really really bad about his oldest daughters mom and i would bitch at him for it all the time
    suhweetness

Comment by suhweetness (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Do not react to it with the child. Just say he must be upset about something. Talk to him in private.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I am a strong believer that children should NEVER be put in the middle of any seperated relationship. My Husband and I are seperated. However, we do NOT tolerate the other talking down to the children about the other. If we have something to say to one another, we do it to one another and when the children are not present. It does nothing but fu**s the minds of the children involved. It gives them a mental picture that should not be there in the first place. Your children should NEVER think anything about you other than you love them and would do anything for them. You and the ex need to have a little 'sit-down.' And, let him know that if he wants to go around talking bad about you to them or around them, you can put a stop to the children seeing him :)
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 7:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• ps. do NOT retaliate toward the child and start bad mouthing daddy. That definetely puts the child(ren) in the middle.
    CandyHorse