Superbowls and soldiers.

Football is a uniquely American sport. Each year millions of people support their favorite teams. The highlight of the year is the Superbowl..with the game comes parties and get togethers. It is a tradition for many that comes without a thought.

We have many deployed military that will not be able to watch today's game or enjoy a party..many of our members are up at 3:00 to watch it and are doing so with care packages of goodies from home....a lucky few are enjoying parties.

Will you please stop for a moment during today's festivities to remember the ongoing sacrifice made by the American soldier?

Thank you ladies!

.....oh and Go Packers!

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 6:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• We were blessed that he was home this year. He gets so mad when he's over there for the superbowl because he misses all the commercials. A superbowl box is a great idea! I'll have to remember that one this time next year!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• patriotic

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We can watch it here but no commercials :( I think most servicemembers will be able to watch, just at off times and again...no commercials :( Haha, and it is 8 am here, so at least it is NOT 3 am!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Thank you to all those making the ultimate sacrifice-

Touch down Pack!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• When I was in basic training we got to watch the super bowl, much to my surprise. We had a good time. That was 11 years ago and I feel really old saying that LOL.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My husband was excited to watch it in 2009 while in Iraq because the guys were given beer for the first time.

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Oh, man! I wish I had thought to send my soldier a Super Bowl box. It never crossed my mind.

sad

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Absolutely!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• They get to watch the Super Bowl if possible when deployed. It's a huge deal. Hell, my hubby doesn't have PT tomorrow cause of the Super Bowl! (he's home). It's crazy. It's good that they do get some good things while deployed, some things from home, like the Super Bowl. And, I don't think they care what time it's on where they are!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Very nice though, YSK!!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011