I'm boycotting Mazzios after what happened to my friend (Vent) adult content

So I just got off the phone with a friend of mine and now I refuse to get Mazzios pizza.

She has a Mazzios that is on the same street as her but a few blocks down, a couple days ago she called mazzios at 5:30pm to order pizza for delivery. They told her it would be there in about 39 minutes which would have meant a little after 6pm.

By 7pm it had not arrived yet so she called them to check the status of her order, they then told her that her pizza had JUST come out of the oven and was on it's way out the door.

By 8pm, and I remind you mazzios is on her street a few blocks down, She called yet again.
This time they tell her that her order hasn't been dispatched at all, then they say that they cancelled all deliveries at 7:30pm due to road conditions (we are in blizzard hit areas) 30 minutes AFTER they told her it was going out the door.

They never even offered her any kind of compensation for all the bullshit they put her through. She cursed them out & cancelled the order and I don't blame her one bit, I would have been just as pissed off and done the same.

All the fast food places were closed by 8pm and since they were expecting pizza they hadn't thawed anything out and had to go to the grocery store to get something to make for her family on the one night a week she is supposed to have off from cooking for her family.

My family will be avoiding mazzios from now on.

MyOpionCounts

Asked by MyOpionCounts at 6:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• they should have told her the truth.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yet another reason to make pizza from scratch

Answer by rkoloms at 6:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes, we should all boycott them. They should have done what ever to get this lady her pizza. Risked life and limb so she does not have to cook. You can defrost meat very quickly in the microwave. It was horrible and they should give away pizza because they lost an entire night of business because of the weather. So why not give away pizza too.
    Some people are so ridiculous and they just want something for nothing.
    Anonymous

• I imagine there was a lot of confusion with the storm and all. NO, your opinion does not count. You have no concept of what is really important.
    Anonymous

• Way to go for being an anonnyBITCH.eye rolling

MyOpionCounts

Comment by MyOpionCounts (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• really ?? .. if i like a restaurant, i would not let something like that have such a big impact on me. it could be just a couple of the staff who was scheduled that night had poor customer service skills, they do not represent all the staff and management at mazzios.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2011