What is the cheapest monthly cell phone plan that you know of?

We are currently using Tracfone ( the prepaid ones) and I don't like it. What is a good cell phone plan for 2 people? ( my husband and myself)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Technology

• I have a metro pcs phone. I get unlimited text web and local and long distance calling plus caller id and call waiting and insurance for $57 a month.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would say either Boost or Cricket. With boost they have a shrinkage plan, you start off at $50 a month & for every 6 months of paying on time it drops by $5 until it gets to $35 a month.

As far as cricket if you get them, the true rate plan for $45 is not true you actually end up paying about $55 for that. The $35 plan will only cost you $37 a month and includes unlimited calls & regular texts nationwide. I would reccomend removing the $5 a month protection plan because they really don't replace your phone, and if your phone ever gets turned off they discontinue the protection plan anyway and wouldn't let you pick it back up if you wanted because the phone by then is already used so it's a waste of money.
    I do not like that they charge you $3 more to pay in the store. You can pay online without that fee though. I do like that if you can't afford your bill you can bridge pay for $20 & get a 10 day extension (they say 7).
    MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 6:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Safelink it's free for people that are low income! lol
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 6:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Safelink is only available in 34 states

We are currently offering service in parts of Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin

MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 7:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Cricket is pretty cheap
    kirrasmommy0810

Answer by kirrasmommy0810 at 2:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2011