What's up with him today?

My husband is NORMALLY a good guy. But not today. I am 31 weeks pregnant. This morning I woke up feeling absolutely terrible. This scares me because the flu has been going around here, and that would be bad if I got it (I couldn't get the flu shot because I am allergic). So he decides to go to the store and get me juice, soup, and meds approved by my doc. How sweet, right? But then he is gone for almost 2 hours browsing the store while I am chasing our two preschoolers. Then he comes home and takes a nap. That's right, I might have the flu and HE takes a nap. After he wakes up he has to head over to his parents' house to help them move something- gone a few more hours. When he gets back I tell him I have to get some rest. I nap for just under an hour, and then he wakes me up so he can go to his friend's house for the superbowl.

What the hell is with him today? I'm pregnant and sick, and he is acting completely uncaring and selfish and hasn't given me any time to get some rest to try to get better. This is so unlike him. And yes, I've told him that I think he's not acting very caring today and it's not okay. He just doesn't understand why I am mad and leaves anyway.

Anyone else have a husband just wake up one day with the wrong personality?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I think he may have the game on his mind.
    Anonymous

• My husband has done that on occassion .. Acts like what he wants is more important even when I'm under the weater or exhausted .. or both. And will go about his day while I continue to take care of everything despite how I'm feeling. It's just karma building up though .. when he's sick he's the biggest baby .. and oh well I have things to do.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Actually you do not think he should skip the super bowl party do you? The one thing he did wrong was take too long at the store this morning.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• You guys are in a difficult situation : 2 toddlers, pregnancy (31 weeks), elrerly parents demanding attention.
    Your hormones are sky-high, and nature gives you this strength so that you may defend your embryo from any danger.
    Now, your man has some needs, he may need some attention as well, he may feel neglected cause you're vulnerable for too long, and he acts like a baby.

Don't think of the flu. Give your man a big hug, and tell him that you love him. WHen his defences are down, tell him that you're vulnerable like a baby, and you need HIM: YOUR MAN, YOUR HERO, YOUR SUPERMAN, to be there for you.

lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2011