are scared of being alone at night in your house ?

I have a husband that is deployed and I am so scared of being alone with my 2 kids at home . I only get scared at night I start thinking about the possiblility of somebody breaking int he house. I honestly thing I have a problem even a phobia because I just can't seem to cope. My mom stays with me so luckly I don't have to deal with my issues but I am 30 years old and afraid of been alone at home. Again I make mental movies in my mind of what things can go wrong burglarys serial killers ghosts . I am the only person with this problem any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree...get a dog, that will give you peace of mind. Also, invest in a good alarm system, its worth it to give you peace of mind. Try talking to someone, I know everyone is like go seek therapy, but you may just need it to get over your fear if its taking over your life like this. I dont get afraid at all, so I couldnt imagine how you feel. I live in Boston, and its not the best place to live. I can not live in fear. I truly believe that all sane woman with no history of being mentally ill, or any type of criminal record should own a gun locked up in a safe. We all need to be protected. But dont worry, try to watch tv before going to sleep...or sleep down stair if your that scared...it may help. ;)-
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• How about getting a dog? We have a 120 pound American Bulldog, and I feel so protected. Any noise, or anyone walking near or by our home she barks and alerts us instantly.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I get nervous at night to. I live right on an alley and homeless people walk down it 24\7
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have the same issue. Same with you. My husband is deployed and I have two little one home as well. I bought pepper spray and have 2 different knives in my night stand. I also make sure all doors and windows are locked before I go to bed. Any little sound wakes me, it drives me nuts.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My husband used to work nights. I know it's not quite the same, but I still got creeped out at night. So I got a big dog. Not only did it give me a warm body to snuggle while I fell asleep, but it gave me a sense of security of having a protector in the house.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 7:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have no issues. Probably because I was home alone a lot for days at a time as a teen. I have also always worked nights so am used to being out and about.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I get pretty nervous too- I think it's a normal thing. I keep my cell phone in the room with me and make sure all the doors and windows are closed and locked. We also have 2 dogs- not big ones, but they are big enough to make someone think twice. They aren't mean, but if someone broke in they wouldn't know that. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My husband works nights and I get freaked out sometimes.  I have been known to walk around my house with my "Michael Myers" knife and check things out.  I have a friend who put stuff in front of all her windows.  No one could break in without her knowing.  The things she used were pretty common, lots of potted plants, vases, etc.  Whatever you need to do to feel safe is what you need to do babe.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I agree with the dog. I have a mutt and I feel very protected...he barks his balls off if someone walks across the street!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 8:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I've never felt that way but I can completely understand that!
    la_sirena22

Answer by la_sirena22 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2011