How much does your 13mo old eat?

my 13mo dd eats ALOT it seems like. I ran to mc ds tonight for dinner and she ate about 90% of a cheeseburger, two chicken nuggets and about ten french fries. Some days she really does amaze me! Earlier this week she ate a whole cup and a half of spag with meat sauce. She's not overweight and she doesn't get sick. She's a little under 30in tall and 21lbs. It just seems like she eats ALOT for someone her size!

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 12 months, almost the same weight and height. He'll eat ALOT for about two or three days and then he'll barely eat anything for a day or two. The dr. said its normal.
    I find it strange too.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My kids have all eaten a lot at that age too. Even my little 16 lb (at the time) daughter ate like you would not believe. I guess they just need a lot of calories at that age, then they get picky and barely eat a thing later on like around 3 years old and you wonder how they can possibly survive on so little. At least, a lot of kids do.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• my little one ate a lot from 12 - 15 months and now at 17 month she doesn't eat as much and is starting to get picky.
    RyleesMama09

Answer by RyleesMama09 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My little guy is only 18lbs but he can pack his grub away like no other! I think it's because high metabolisms run in both our families and our son is SO active (just started walking) that he needs all the extra energy he can get to keep going. This is also a big growth spurt time for most toddlers...
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 3:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2011