Are there any major style/rule differences between "Chicago" and "Gregg"?

I may take a job with a publishing company that prefers "Chicago" to "Gregg." I know "Gregg" like the back of my hand, but I'm not too sure whether it parallels "Chicago." Are there any major differences, like with spacing or punctuation? If so, what are they?

SlightlyPerfect

Asked by SlightlyPerfect at 7:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• Did you check the Grammar Girl website?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:06 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Are you talking shorthand? And does anyone really use that any more?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes, rkol. (I ALWAYS check her out first.) I was surprised that she actually said she runs to "Chicago" first. I've always used "Gregg."
    Like one thing she mentioned was that she needed to know how to punctuate bulleted lists, so she used "Chicago," but I know those rules are 106 in "Gregg"! That's like the first section!

The problem is that this is a really hard thing to search online, since the terms by themselves are so vague (like names). And if I put them together, I get book sellers.

And tasches, no, not shorthand. Simple stuff, like how many spaces after a period or how many commas to use in a list... those sorts of things
    SlightlyPerfect

Comment by SlightlyPerfect (original poster) at 7:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2011