Would you be mad or grateful?

I just got back home from caregiving my parents for a week who both ended up in the hosiptal. So my hubby was cooking when I opened the door and about an hour later he called his mom on his cell and told her to go over. No mention of me getting home and then I find out he took her to the store. So son amd mother were talking and so I blurted out hello!....so he goes wait mom Jane wants to talk to you, and as he is passing the phone he yells out I hate when you do that. I get off the phone and he starts yelling at me that when I feel ignored I always do that. I answered nice welcome home ! He responded I cooked, cleaned and had everything done for you.I told him I did not curse or rant about it but he went on and on about not being necessary to say that since she was asking if I had gotten home. She lives next door so she knew already that I was home. What do you think should I be mad or grateful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• ~*Awe*~.. sorry to hear about icky moods, sound like everyone is just cranky? Maybe some time to relax and De-Stress might help... don't let it get under your skin
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• IMHO, he cooked and cleaned and ran the household while you were gone, I think you should be grateful. Sometimes, what we let hurt us or bother us, is because we would have rather had a big hug, and a kiss, and an omg i missed you. I think it may have been a little bit rude for you to interrupt his phone call, but I can see where you would have been upset because he didn't say, hey mom Wifey is home and I really missed her but I just wanted to check in with you and make sure everything is okay, before we kick back and spend some time together. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Grateful.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Sweets in my opinion, you owe hub an apology.  I'd figure out a different way to tell him that you need attention.  I'm not trying to be funny, seriously, but that's exactly what my 5 year old does when he doesn't think I'm listening to him.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• His mom likes to play dumb when she gets pissed so she will ignore us so I say hello to get her attention...But beyond that I never do that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• The mother in law is a different story in my opinion.  She lives right next door, she knew you were home.  It seems a bit rude to me that she would automatically get on the phone with him knowing you had just gotten home.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I agree with the above.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• kitchenwife you are so so right. I just do not get it. I declined going to my brother's house made up some bs sotry and he just thinks I have to kiss butt with mom because I am doing my caregiving on my end. He paints me as some evil wifey but he doesn't know my mom gave us like 400 dollars since I helped her out and I feel so pissed I do not even feel like tellin ghim..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I think you both are overreacting to the situation. He was on the phone, so instead of being rude to his mother he continued to talk to her. How do you know if he was going to say "Hi" and give you a proper Hello once he got off the phone? You don't, because you were too busy throwing a hissy fit because you weren't greeted the second you walked in. You could've been patient and waited for him to end his coversation.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2011