Why does my baby scratch his head so much?

My son is 12 months old and for the last month he has ben scraching is head all he time i tried washing it i tried oiling it. I have no idea what to do i am puerto rican and cuban ad my husband is african american american i thought that it would be genitic bcuz my husband has extremely dry scalp.. PLEASE HELP!!!!

M0mmie_2_him

Asked by M0mmie_2_him at 8:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• If you are very careful, you can use Selsun Blue. Just lay baby down in the water so it doesn't drip into his eyes. That may help. Maybe use it twice a week.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Just use Johnson and Johnson Moisturizing Baby Shampoo. I wouldn't use an adult shampoo like Selsun Blue though. That's geared specifically for adults and may cause an irritation for your baby, as it is supposed to be an imitation medicated shampoo. Talk to his Pediatrician and see what he suggests.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I was recommended by my ped to use the selsun blue for my DS when he was a baby. He had a REALLY bad dry patch. I was told to be careful to avoid his eyes and only use the shampoo on the dry patch. Check with you ped for their recommendations though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My sons pediatrician suggested to me that I use Selsun Blue a few times to help with his dry scalp and eczema. Not constantly. But it should help after just a few applications.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2011