Will stress hurt?

Today my husband and i got into a fight and i got really upset. I am 32 weeks pregnant now worried sick it hurt the baby. Could it??

pinkgirl11

Asked by pinkgirl11 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Probably not the way you are thinking. But stress is not good for you or the baby. Your baby is experiencing whatever you are, So try to be calm. Remember you have raging hormones right now and are very emotional. When I was that far long (all 7 times) I barely spoke to my husband because I knew he was going to say something to upset me just because EVERYTHING upset me. I spent a lot of time locked away in my bathroom with candles, music, and herbal, tea.
    mizinfo

Answer by mizinfo at 8:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Thank you. I get mad over the crazy stuff,then it makes me even more mad after words lol. Cause i dont mean to at all and i dont want to hurt my baby for nothing.
    pinkgirl11

Comment by pinkgirl11 (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i agree with the pp, what happens to you happens to baby! im 31 weeks tomorrow and if i yell slightly i kinda hurt the rest of the day! you just need to relax and not let things get you so upset, which i know is hard!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 8:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Stress is no good, but life can be challenging every now and then.
    Don't worry. Stroke your tummy, feel the baby, and touch him in a reasurring way:
    Mom and Dad are here, and all will be fine !
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• The baby feels whatever you feel. Just take it easy stress jsut makes pregnancy worse!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• it happens, now and after the baby is born. Baby will be fine, dont stress
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:33 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Great question! I'm 32 weeks as well and have the exact concern every time I stress. It causes me to have intense contractions and I can feel a change in her activity. I suggest talking to your husband about your concern, that way you may be able to prevent it in the future. Obviously arguments can't be eliminated completely, it's a marriage and you'll never agree 100%. I simply told my husband about my baby/body's reaction to the stress and he's been a lot more supportive and patient when we disagree on things. We are all however, equipped to handle a reasonable amount of stress and so is your baby. Good luck with everything!
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 6:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Thanks all for takeing the time to answer my question. It makes me feel sum better to get sum answers
    pinkgirl11

Comment by pinkgirl11 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2011