Have you ever sold anything to Once Upon a Child?

If yes, what did you sell & approximately how much did they pay? Thanks in advance.

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 8:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would sell to an independent resale shop instead, you are likely to get more
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Many times. The price I got for clothing and items varies. There have been times I only made $4.00 and once when I had brought in all the kids' old movies I came out with I believe $80. If you were to bring in 2 paper bags full of clothes, I would bet they kept one bag full and gave you like $22. After a while, I've kind of figured how much I'd get each time.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I refuse to deal with them. I had a flower girls dress on consignment with them. I paid $112 for this dress. It was very formal. My GD wore it for 2 hours. 3 weeks later I went in to check on things that had sold...the dress was 'stolen' apparently. Not only did they not call me they refused to compensate me in any way for their poor security. The worst part...3 weeks later I saw what I believe to be OUR dress in the other lacation across town. I don't deal with thieves and I will tell anyone and eveyone about their poor business practices as often as possible.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have. The one here seems to be very choosy and they hardly pay anything.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I want to add...if you're worrying about how much they'll pay you for each item, don't go there. I donate everything that's left anyways, so I'm not worried about what they pay me. I usually only go if I'm in the area. Mostly I just don't even bother and just donate it all somewhere.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have a few times. They only buy stuff that's in really good condition and mostly brands names. I recently took some of my son's clothes in there. They bought about a quarter of it and gave me $33.00, which wasn't bad for how much they bought. Another time they bought some clothes, a pack and play, and a Bumbo seat and gave me $67.00.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I dont like them... I know they are independantly owned but it seems they are all owned by assholes. Or at least they employ assholes. I had been shopping there for 3 years, I dont sell back cuz I have kids in my church to hand down to, but when I went in to sell my twins cribs, the girl that I had been dealing with for all this time said in a loud voice, Now you will have lots of credit to spend on your GRANDKIDS! I was appaled. She knew me when I was PREGNANT with my twins, They were born when I was 39, I told my older son to put the cribs back in the truck and left..we go to Kid to Kid now
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No I havent but bought some things there. I do know they are very choosy. They like brand names over anything and if you are looking to get a big payback no. So like if you just doing it just to get rid of stuff it is okay but if you got a bill to pay your better off asking a friend for money lol
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 9:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I just gave Once Upon a Child as an example. There isn't one near me. I'm just trying to get a general idea of whether or not it's worth it to gather their items and sell them directly to a children's thrift store, donate them, or keep them until I know someone who can use them. Everything is brand name and in great condition. It sounds like the baby gear items go for the most and might be worth it. As for the clothing, I'm not so sure.....
    sherribeare

Comment by sherribeare (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2011