How do you treat really fine, thinning hair ?

lillyblue111

Asked by lillyblue111 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Health

• Depends on why the hair is thinning
    Mine is from having PCOS after my son was born
    I just style it differently

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Eat a diet high in foods containing omega-3 fatty acids. These include salmon, flax seeds, nuts and soybeans. Biotin also is good for hair. Liver, eggs, Swiss chard, nuts and soy are rich in biotin.

Use a high quality shampoo. Poor quality shampoos may break or damage hair. Talk to a hair care professional to find specialty shampoos. Some contain biotin and silica for treating fine, thinning hair.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would first have a checkup at the doctor's to rule out any medical problem.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Oh my friend is using Bosley shampoo and conditioner from the beauty shop it really works! Maybe spelled wrong but she has all kind s of new hair coming in.
    4psinapod

Answer by 4psinapod at 9:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have lost alot of hair due to stress ,and am interested in this bosley stuff???
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011