What age for sleepovers??

How old were your children when you either allowed them to have a friend stay the night and/or stayed the night with a friend?

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• As long as I know the family well and are friends with them as well I don't have an age limit.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• 10 - we felt that our dd was mature enough to handle a sleepover by then.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My son was allowed to have a friend over night for the first time last weekend...he's five...but the only reason is b/c they are good family friends that we've known forever...he's never had any school friends stay...he doesn't know them well enough yet
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I do not allow my children to spend the night away from home (major personal reasons) but she started having friends sleep over when she was 8...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Depends on the child, but I think it was about 8 years old.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• 8
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 8:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My oldest was almost 5 her first time sleeping over at a friend's house. I think she stayed 3 nights in a row because we were getting ready to move 500 miles away. She was with her BFF (since birth) who is the dd of one of my best friends growing up.
    My other kids never had close friends so they never even asked to spend the night anywhere. My middle dd spent the night away the first time at 8 and was with her older sister (10).
    We did just have our first sleepover here with my 10yo daughter and her friend (11). The only reason it wasn't allowed before this was because we lived with my dad and he didn't allow people over. Plus we already have 5 kids, I don't want to add more, lol. That was 4 girls in 1 room (my 3: 10, 8 and almost 5 and the 11yo friend).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We've had slumber parties since my oldest was 3, but only with relatives and close friends.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• my girl is 4 and has been having sleep overs for the last year but she'll stay with an aunt and cousin that is also 4 now. if she has a friend sleep over its at our house and has only happened a couple times and her friend is 6.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 11:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011