public assistance

do people on PA get income tax returns !!!!!

ramajil

Asked by ramajil at 8:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• unless they owe back taxes, child support etc then they qualify to get their returns
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I don't think so.  I do think that ANYONE with a child can claim the child tax credit.  I read that on another post, when I looked it up it seemed to be legit.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I'm sure some do since they also work.
    DixieFlower

Answer by DixieFlower at 9:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes...why???
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 9:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Why does every one think that if you use any form of PA you dont work????
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• As long as they worked they do, and since they should be making a small amount of money, if they have kids they will get whatever they put in, as well as the child tax refunds, so most will get back a larger percent more then what they put in, so basically the government will be giving them more money. Personally Im not against them getting what they put in, on a low income I dont believe you should have to pay much if any in taxes, the regular refund is just what you loaned to the government over the year, and whatever you dont owe in taxes you get back (that doesnt include medicare and social security, you dont see any of that back). I think the child tax credits though are too much. You shouldnt get back more then you had to pay out.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 9:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• That's what I automatically assumed she was asking.  If NOT working at all and getting a tax refund. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Just curious !!! My husband's niece is on PA and does not work but got a tax return !!!!! She said was using it for a big screen TV. I was a little ticked because she a two year old that needs alot of things !!!!! It breaks my heart to see her daughter go without when she does not !!!!!!
    ramajil

Comment by ramajil (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• it isn't the child tax credits that garners people the huge refund, it is the EITC
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I think if someone is working and on PA they still get a refund.  Not working, I don't think so.  Not actually sure.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2011