Should I celebrate Valentines's day alone

I have been with my husband for 16 years and we have never celebrated valentines's day. He doesn't really celebrate any holiday except christmas and Thanksgiving. I would love to say that this has not bothered me over the years but that would be a lie. This year I'm thinking about celebrating the holiday without him. What do you think?

mizinfo

Asked by mizinfo at 8:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• WE don't do any holidays here, but I honestly don't care! Exactly HOW would you celebrate without him?? I am confused!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 9:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Personally i dont know why women get all work up about valentine's day, everyday should be valentine's.I dont need a special day to show my husband how much i love him.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Cant you celebrate it with him??????
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Men are usually more practical, and women more romantic. It's nice for you to initiate some Valentine surprise for your husband.
    Men are shy to show emotions, but when they love, they looooove ! I'm sure you'll give your man a HUGE SMILE !!!
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• yes. go spoil yourself!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Do celebrate without him. Go to a spa, out to lunch. shopping, whatever makes YOU happy. Then tell him thank you for the Valentine's Day present...oh and tell him he is babysitting the kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Why don't you ask him if he wants to celebrate with you? Then if he says no, just tell him that you want to celebrate this year, and you've missed having valentines celebrations over the years. Tell him what you'd like to do if you celebrate together, and tell him what you plan to do if you celebrate alone. If you have kids, and he doesn't want to celebrate with you, ask him to watch the kids. If for some reason he says no, then hire a sitter. If it were me, I'd also bring home something that he'd appreciate after my solo-mio valentines day, to say I was thinking of him while I was celebrating without him.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 9:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2011