real or braxton hicks?

Im only 18 weeks give or take a week since I cant remember when my lmp was but I keep having cramping and my stomach feels like it gets hard as a rock and it dont really hurt its just uncomfortable. Im also 41yrs old and its worrying me that its contractions and its way early...any ideas??

michellesgirls2

Asked by michellesgirls2 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if you are worried, call your ob
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I will if the office is open tomorrow...we have had a lot of closings due to snow thats not normal for Oklahoma lol ty
    michellesgirls2

Comment by michellesgirls2 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Drink some water and lay down on your left side. If it happens more than 4-5 times in an hour, becomes painful, or doesn't stop after a little while, either call the doc's answering service or go to the hospital. It's better to over react to nothing than to under react if there is something wrong.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 9:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Call your doctor.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• You might want to call your OB tomorrow and if things get worse go to the er
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:12 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• if they dont go away or get stronger call the dr
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:32 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• tomorrow might be too late. I would call the on call doctor or go to the ER
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 1:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Sounds like braxton hicks to me, since they are painless and aren't in your back too. I've been getting them regularly since week 14... The big difference between braxton hicks and labor, is that labor contractions help to dilate and efface the cervix. Unfortunately, the only sure fire way to know is to be checked by your health care provider. In the mean time, rest and drink lots of water. However, if you have more than 5-6 in an hour for two consecutive hours I would go to the ER. Hope this helps. :)
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 4:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2011