Will you have a garden this year?

What will be in it?

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 9:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• absolutely...we eat a lot of salad so I am going to grow a couple different lettuces in pots because it gets so hot here in Texas that lettuce will stop growing. We will move the pos\ts in the house in the heat of the day. Tomatoes, several different kinds, bell pepper, carrots, corn, green beans, squash, zuchinni...more to come!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My son has been asking about tomatoes and flowers, so the spring will be my first attempt at gardening of some sort.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Oh, yeah!!! I'm planning on putting in tomato plants, green pepper plants, onions, and a border of marigolds around it to deter any animals from trying to eat from it!! Marigolds are a great natural mosquito repellant too!! It worked very well last year!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes, but I'm doing containers this year because we've not redone the backyard yet and I don't want hubby to decide my garden is where his garage should be.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:33 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I will do tomatoes for sure. I also love fresh basil, dill, and thyme. Might just do a variety of herbs. I've done peppers before, so maybe those. Fresh broccoli is out of this world good. I'd love to start some asparagus, but that's something that has to have a couple of years to mature enough to eat. I've never tried lettuces, but maybe I'd like that too. There are a world of possibilities!
    Marigolds around the perimeter does work, for all sorts of insects.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• yes veggies and flowers
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 5:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes, flowers, flowers, a few herbs and some tomatoes.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2011