Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

When you use a website to file your taxes...

Do you have to pay the fees with a credit card, or are they deducted from your return like when you file at a tax place like H&R Block? (Again, I apologize for all these questions!)


Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 38 (105,028 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I have used and they deduct the fees from your return. I just did my Federal and State of WI and it cost me $31. I will have my return direct deposited in 8-15 days right into my checking account. Taxact is also backed by the IRS.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • I think you have the choice to do either one.

    Answer by mommy_jules at 9:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • We have never had to pay to file online... that could be because of our income level though...

    Answer by But_Mommie at 9:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • I know like turbotax gives you the choice.. it is twice as much to have it taken out of your return though.

    Answer by FatGirl239 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • I have used Turbo Tax for doing our taxes for the last 6 years and I have always had it directly withdrawn only from our bank before I file otherwise it won't let you file until you pay first. I have never gotten the option to pay with credit card or have it taken out from our return and every year we have gotten thousands back too.

    Answer by Congenial at 9:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • I just paid the $19.95 for Turbo Tax when I filed. They wanted to charge a bigger fee to have it taken out of my refund.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 9:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • I think it depends on where you file and how you file. But I also think that a lot of places give you an option for how you want to pay.

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • I did mine with Turbo Tax yesterday. I could either pay with a credit card or have it deducted from my refund. I just used a credit card.

    Answer by Snewo at 9:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • Thanks everyone!

    Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2011