How can someone not allow you in a group? ***vent***

Heres the story.... i was looking around on cafe mom at all the groups and i found some i would like to join. well most of them i was allowed to join but a couple of them you have to be approved. well, i just got a message saying i wasnt approved..... gee do they need a credit card number or something????? That just a bunch of bs, that someone has a right to disapprove you but cant give a reason why.... its not like they asked for a whole lot about you to be judged like that. Its just down right judgmental butts that really gets me going..... sorry if posted in wrong area but wasnt sure where to post

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Crazy! I am not in a lot of groups, but I have never been not approved for one.
    Sounds like a group I really wouldn't want to be in anyway! LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Babe you don't want to be in a group like that anyways.  This isn't high school, there aren't any "cool" clubs.  At least there shouldn't be.  Yes I agree, it is judgemental!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I can understand why that would rub you the wrong way, but there could be a reason you weren't approved. Is your profile new? If so, some groups don't like that because they don't want to take a chance that it may be a troll.
    Beyond that, it's kind of hard to speculate about what the reasons may be without knowing what kind of groups they were.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• In private groups that you have to apply for the owner/admins do have the right to pick and choose who they let into their group. I am an owner of 1 group and another group. There are certain things that I look for when I screen applicants and look at their profiles. When I deny someone I do give them a reason. If you are wondering why you were denied then I suggest you respond to the denial message and ask them why you were denied.
    Anonymous

• which group was it?
    i know you can not 'call out' other moms for bad behavoir, but does not say anything about 'calling out' a group
    Anonymous

• your probably right and i dont want to be in them if they are going to act like that.... but if your going to disapprove someone.... atleast give some sort of reason... oh wait they dont know you so therefore they couldnt give one now could they....lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• well first how can they deny you if they dont ask for much from you. it shouldnt matter if i am new or not... isnt the whole point of cafe mom for us all to come together in some sort away and talk about things. I didnt know it was like high school and you have to be in a certain "click" to be accepted.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yeah that is kind of silly.  It's not like you don't have anything to offer, we all do.  I think it's funny.  Not laughing at YOU, at them rejecting anyone based on a few questions.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Depends on the group. Sometimes they are only looking for a certain kind of person and if you don't seem like what they're looking for, they deny you.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• how can they be looking for a certain type of person..... were all females, were all moms..... isnt that the only criteria that should matter.... gee.... i didnt know this was like a job interview...where you are judged from the moment they see ya or on this case dont!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2011