my baby is 6 months old can I start feeding her stuff I eat? she doesn't like baby food at all...

I have this mess thing u can put food in so she can chew on, I have strawberries to, can she have them? is canned veggies mashed up ok to feed her? I think they are easier to mash up then the frozen ones I think the frozen green beans are chewy and though! Can she go to number 2 foods for baby? they have a lot of different flavors she might like...

Thanks so much, I just feel sooo clueless my son ate anything you gave him she won't eat the baby good but wants whatever I am eating!

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 9:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• stage 2 should b fine! i wouldnt start table food just yet tho!! maybe try some puffs if u want! i started table food at 8 months! u could make ur own baby food she might like it more! take a look at wholesomebabyfood.com they some great recipes!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes we did! My son would not touch baby food so my mom blended up just about anything we had for him in the blender! He was a porker but he ate real healthy!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• So far, the only "baby food" my DS likes is bananas. However, he loves sugar snap peas, cucumber slices, lime wedges (odd, but he'll make faces then go back for more), carrot sticks, corn chips and saltine crackers, and guacamole. Basically, I'll let him taste some of whatever I'm eating. I always nurse him first, then let him try the solids. So far, no real pickiness.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 10:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Many people make their own baby food ( I plan on it as well) you just have to make sure its healthy foods of course!
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 10:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I found a food grinder at target, cuse my son didnt care for baby food to much either, and i would put whatever we were eating in there, and it worked perfectly to be able to give it to him.. it was only like $5 :) simplest thing ever
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• my daughter didnt like the baby food either I started her on stage 3 st 7 mounths
    rena2100

Answer by rena2100 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• ay 6 months they can have anything you eat, except honey and something else that doesn't digest yet, look it up to be sure. i wouldn't give your baby common allergy foods until after a yr. like strawberries. google most common food allergies.
    other than that, cut meat up real good, whole veggies are fine as long as they are cooked. if theyre soft, less chance for choking.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 6:49 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i've heard many times that avacado is pretty much perfect for babies - it's packed full of proteins and nutrients and good fats, and it's already soft and squishy. we just started dd on solids almost a week ago, and she's going to town on it.
    just make sure that when you feed your baby foods, don't "experiment" and switch foods too often. let baby's system absorb and get used to one kind of food, and then move to another. switching foods too often leads to food allergies in babies
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 8:35 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Strawberries are generally considered a high allergen food and experts used to recommend delaying them along with a list of other foods. Recently, the AAP just said there was really no value in delaying any foods (except honey). Fresh fruits/veggies are best, then frozen, then canned. If you decide to do canned, make sure it is the no sodium variety - many of them are loaded with sodium, way too much for a baby! She can go to stage 2, but I just mash up whatever we are having. I've never even used a blender for any of my 5 kids, just used my fork to dice/mash the food. Make sure you introduce a new food and then wait 2-3 days before introducing another one to watch for allergies.

Answer by missanc at 9:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• rice cearal is ok and my sister was on soft cearls at 7 months and we started feeding my frinds dd noodle and rice at restraunt at 8 month
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011