Do you have a hard time getting rid of your children's clothes, shoes, etc after they grow out of them?

I have no problem donating my own items, but I can't figure out what to do with my children's items. How much do you keep? Do you donate or sell them? I'm considering trying to sell them (possibly to a local thrift shop) because then I could give the money back to the children, but I"m not sure if it's worth it. Worth it....... meaning the time it will take to go through everything, clean it, separate it, etc. Your thoughts?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 9:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• My youngest, her clothes are donated to my neice who is just a little smaller than she is.  I keep my 5 and 3 year olds clothing for my 1 year old and new baby coming up.  If I found someone who needed a little help though, I'd give them away.  I don't know anyone who has kids younger than mine except my neice though.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have a garage sale every year and what doesn't sell, I donate.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I easily get rid of them, I hate clutter. I bring them to Once Upon A Child and then donate what they don't take to women/children centers
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have no problem. If I know of a younger child that can use them I just bag them up and give them away. If I don't have anyone in particular I bag them and throw them in the donation bins. I keep very little. Just the outfit they came home in the hospital in.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I keep the ones with sentimental value and memories. I kept their first shoes, going home outfits, first birthday outfits, some pajamas, onesies, cute outfits, etc. We move too often for me to be able to hang on to everything. It all ends up in a thrift store or passed on to friends who are expecting babies. I think I have one plastic container for each child.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2011