when did your baby start smiling at you!?

My little guy is almost 3 weeks old and he just recently started realizing when I show my face around him. I can see him just staring at me!! I cant wait for him to start smiling at me! When did your baby start smiling at you!?

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I believe around 6 weeks to 2 months for my three! How precious!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i want to believe it was within the first month she was born....she was a very happy baby
    desperate07

Answer by desperate07 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My first born started smiling at his dad when he was about a month and a half old.  Made me SO mad, in a loving way.  I couldn't get him to smile at me.  My second child was very calm and content, she didn't cry or smile for the first couple of months.  My 3rd started smiling at about a month!  I was SO happy!  And she'd only smile at ME!  WHOO HOOO!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• The first time was 4 days old. but she started doing it all the time at 3 weeks old. She laughed the first time at 2 1/2 months old! Best sound in the world : )

Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• He was a little over two weeks the first time he had an official smile. I left him for a minute in his bouncer, and when I walked back over to him, as soon as I got within his range of vision he broke out into a gorgeous grin!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 10:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Around 2-3 months if I remember correctly.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I think about 5 weeks old for the first two and 1 week old for my third. And I'm sure it was a real smile, I was used to the sleepy reflex smiles from the first two, he was born almost 2 weeks overdue and seemed like a 1 month old and did everything much earlier than the other 2.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My daughter smiled a lot during the first month. That was gas(I swore it was my presence. lol). She started smiling(and squealing in laughter) at about 6 weeks.
    BrookeKRod

Answer by BrookeKRod at 12:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• mine is 9 weeks, and just started smiling willingly,m non gas smiles at me about two weeks ago. its so cute, cuz now shes starting to babble at me to!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 6:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• four weeks

Answer by rkoloms at 6:16 AM on Feb. 8, 2011