Naming baby after someone special?

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Baby Names

• my daughter's middle name is laura and i gave it to her after an aunt that was killed crossing the street after being hit by a drunk driver. only my uncle pointed out that i spelled the name wrong but it was a mix of my aunt's name and my mom's middle name. so i guess it still works.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 11:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We used my dhs grandpas name as my ds middle name, Cyrus
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Uh..I did. lol. I named my Son after my Gramps (RIP)..my Son's middle name is my Gramps' first name.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My son has my husband's late father's first name as his middle name.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Our dd has two middle names, after each grandmother.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We chose our son's name Robert because my DH's father liked the name, and we chose Anthony for his middle name for my great grandfather, my uncle, a good friend of DH's and Saint Anthony.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My mother named me after her father, and I know this sounds weird, but my middle name is "Andrew." My Grandfather was a very honest man and would give anyone the shirt of his back. He loved children, although my mom was an only child. I named my son this too, it is his middle name. I'm hoping the name will stay in the family for generations. My first name was after one of her Great aunts, she always talked about how sweet the woman.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:00 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My son is named after his grandfathers that passed before he was born so he has a very special name
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 1:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• One of my daughters has the same middle name as my older sister did. My sister passed away before my daughter was born. My second daughter has my younger sister's middle name. That sister is still alive, but I thought it was a nice tribute anyway. Plus it's a pretty name (Claire).
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My daughter wasn't named after anyone special but my next child will be. We have the names Oliver Liam and Olivia Eindy picked out. Oliver is my deceased father in-law's middle name and Liam is the last four letters of my deceased grandpa's first name, William. Olivia is an alternate spelling of Oliver and Eindy is my deceased mother in-law's middle name.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2011