How can I increase my breastmilk?

I drink lots of water while pumping which seems to make more! I pump 6-8 ounces within every 4 to 5 hours. Sometimes I pump 4 ounces within 2 hours later.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats alot normal out put is 1/2 an oz to 2oz each breast in 2 hours! so u sound fine! but if u ever get low try some fenugreek pills 3pills 3 times a day! oatmeal everyday, a protein drink every morning. make sure u pump every 2-3hours during the day and every 3-4 at night to maintain ur supply, pump for 15-20min each time! also if u have any questions about exclusively pumping please join the EP group on here! they are amazing support group and have great advice!! u can alwasy PM me if u want too! ive been EP for a year now!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• That's a VERY above average amount. Why do you feel the need to increase it? Are you only pumping? How much are you pumping in 24 hrs (if you're only pumping)?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I don't think you need to increase your pump output... unless, of course, you're attempting to feed triplets?

Any specific reason for the exclusive pumping? I would work on latching at this point.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Sounds like you make plenty of milk, I'm not sure you would need more unless you have multiple babies! I've been struggiling with my milk I only get about 1/3 of what you are doing and my DS is growing fine!
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Nurse frequently
    Drink lots of water, at least 6 oz every time you nurse and every time you pump
    Have lots of skin-to-skin contact with your baby
    Take brewers yeast tabs
    Look at pictures of your baby while you pump
    Wait at least an hour after nursing to pump.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:16 AM on Feb. 8, 2011