How can i improve my self confidence? -venting-

I asked my husband the other day if there is anything that turns him off bout me. He said the way i carry myself, how i dnt have any self confidence and very low self esstem. Im over weight, have stretch marks all over my body, am really white, my hair is way to frizzy, i have varacose viens, and sagging boobs and im only 19.So now iam on a diet, but how am i suppose to have high self esstem or good confiedence if he dont want to have sex as much as i do? I do hate my body. but im tryin to fix it.

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 10:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Fix it for you, and NOT HIM. He should love you no matter how you look.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Keep your chin up, I tend to have a lot when I am angry but then none afterwards. I think some of us just have to find it, grasp holt of it and run like the wind. I wish I knew where mine was...oh yeah that's right it went out the window when my ex husband always told me "you can try it, but I don't beleive you can do it" whenever I was going back to school etc., I know it is out there somewhere for people like us we just have to find it.
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Woah..sounds like me except my hair is much frizzier than yours by far. I wasn't nicknamed Afro Puffs in highschool for nothin'..lol! I have very pale skin and I got stretch marks down to my knees, and my boobs are the consistency of popped balloons. Don't feel like you're the only one. All my life I've had self esteem issues..this is not an easy thing to overcome. I've been seeing a good therapist for a few months now and taking some anti-depressants which seems to help. Focus on the good things about you..delve into things that you find interesting, and try to smile more, and give lots of compliments to those you love. The kinder you are to others, the kinder you become to yourself. A little at a time and never expect perfection. You are perfectly imperfect...and that's okay!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 10:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• well im 20 and after having my daughter i had horrible stretch mark (still do) and im on a diet cause i want to loose wight and i want to be healthier.............. and im confident who I am ...............and with every girl, woman any one there is all ways something that they want to change about there body so don't worrie . and its not only about looks that give you confidants!! cause I know im a good mom and a good person and i'm happy that give me mine
    tearb

Answer by tearb at 10:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Don't cut yourself short just do what you have to do to make yourself feel good and look good don't just give and throw in the towel and as far as your so shame on him instead of making you feel good he is downing you maybe so you won't wander off from him but if you do good things to yourself to make that change he has another thing coming...lol Don't listen to those negative comments. And if for some reason you guys don't make it find you real man who will love and appreciate you for you believe me there are men out there like this...I have one I prayed for him and God gave him to me I honestly believe that and ask him to help you in this situation GL and Take Care!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Even tho you dont feel good about yourself. One day like tomorrow, just put some effort into how you look. Put some make up on, fix your hair, dress in something comfortable but nice looking and see if that doesnt help how you feel a little.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 11:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Don't say anything about what you are doing to improve yourself. See if your husband notices when you don't mention anything about it. That way if he notices something different, he will tell you himself. Get a haircut and some stuff to help straighten your hair,and a straightening iron. It did wonders for my hair. Wear some makeup or let some friends get with you and suggest what you can do with your makeup and what colors would be best for you. Think of it as a makeover.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have found that when you get up in the morning, do your best to get a shower, dress, and put on a little make-up. I know that this may be a challange if you have little ones, but try to squeeze it in during their morning nap. This always made me feel a whole lot better. If you're dressed and ready for your day then you can handle most anything! Try to get some exercise on a daily basis, even if it's only 15-20 mins. Think consciencely about eating healthier, cutting out any junk food and eating smaller portions and cutting out any soda, if you ever drink it. Small changes aren't so shocking to your mind and body, but your body will respond as you get into the routine of making healthy changes for yourself. Best wishes. You can be a beautiful person on the inside, you just need to radiate that on the outside and it will show!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 1:00 AM on Feb. 7, 2011