Do your kids play games on your phone, WII, etc? Or are they more into coloring, etch a scetch or playdoh?

My kids can be hard on toys sometimes so we've been hesistant on getting them toys like MobiGo. But I notice that they seem very interested in playing them when they see other kids with them.

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We do the Leapster Explorers, they have game systems hooked to I think 3 of the TVs n the house, and they have their own computer with educational games... in this day and age I can't see not having them litterate when it comes to electronics... who knows where and how they will evolve when they enter the work force??? I mean they already will not know what a landline is...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Our kids also do play doh, finger painting, and so forth... and I am not above laying on my tummy with a coloring book right next to them! I think they just add more to the list of things to do
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Legos
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We keep electronics at a bare minimum for our 3 year old, including no tv or movies. Her favorite thing to do is have us read books together.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My refrig is full of colored pages and I'm still trying to get the playdoh out of the carpet. I like seeing them be creative while playing with the simple toys like that. I may not recognize what they made but they're so proud of themselves for making it.

Danni143

Comment by Danni143 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• He likes just about everything. We do coloring and workbooks, he loves his trios and the rest of his toys. He has a leapster and plays with that a bunch and sometimes plays computer games on the desktop. He is pretty well rounded I think. He knows how to navigate on the computer and can use my phone but he limits his time on his electronics himself. He would rather be playing with his hotwheels or reading with me.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• They play with everything. My 3 year old son has a mobigo and an iPod touch. But we limit the amount he can play on them
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Well my kid is two and we try to do the playdo, finger painting and stuff, but i walked in on him one day, he turned on his daddy's xbox and was downloading music!!!!! My husband only plays his xbox when my son is in bed (we laid down ground rules with that stuff lol) so i have no idea how he figured it out, im SAHM so id think id notice lol. Kids these days do need to know about electronics, i agree with you there! Im in my mid 20s and in my lifetime so far ive seen so many changes and upgrades...im hyperventilating just thinking about what its going to be here when my son is grown and all, we've got to educate them at least alittle bit!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 10:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No, my Son doesn't play with my phone except to look at all the photos of Him and my Husband (His Daddie). My.Son prefers reading and coloring and practicing writing. As well as doing typical Boy stuff. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i have a leapster for my daughter but she's happy just to play with crayons and playdough instead. lol probably why i haven't opened the leapster since it was a christmas gift and she's only 4.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 11:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2011