Are you friends with your "baby daddy"?

I try to be friends with my sons dad, but he is so mean unless i'm WITH him. Can we ever be friends or will he always have a love/hate relationship with me? Should we go to parents therapy or counseling or something?

mamastyles

Asked by mamastyles at 10:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• ~*Honestly*~... I don't think I'll ever be "friends" with my ex, I define it differently than most people, and I have been over him for so long that I can care less to.

Sorry you are having troubles with your ex, most you can do is be "civil" and what is best for the child
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Since I am married to my kids dad I better be ...honestly though I have friends that dad and step dad and the mom all get along great and at a scouting thing the dad AND step dad both went on the weekend campout and were friends....all works out and they have a happy couple of kids to boot! GL hope it works for you
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Well rebecca that would be GREAT!!! lol lucky people!!
    mamastyles

Comment by mamastyles (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I am not friends with the father of my child I think it is really sad that men want nothing to with there kids if they are not with you, but dont worry about it as long as you are doing what you can do to keep the peace than thats all that matters :-)
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 10:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• With my oldest son's father..hes gone MIA..but we were friends before we dated..and even the rare times he calls its like old times..but I dont think after 3 yrs I can ever forgive him for disappearing on our child.

my youngest son,..its very complicated. we still love each other and have been trying to work things out..but in the end idk if we will. and I want to be friends..because I have seen first hand how destructive it can be for the child with parents who do not get along.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Sweet poison I can relate!!
    mamastyles

Comment by mamastyles (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My oldest and I are not friends. He left before she was born, but he kept contacting friends and asking about out daughter. A few months ago, via Facebook, we became friends. He was being nice and wanted to be helpful. Then, just as suddenly, he didn't want anything to do with us. I would like to be friends with him, but I don't think he will ever allow it.  I guess it will be better for my dd this way.  That way she doesn't have to get hurt.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I meant to say my oldest daughter's father
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I think some kind of counseling would be good. I hate my oldest's kids dad. I wish he would just cease to exist!
    MelissaCarole

Answer by MelissaCarole at 12:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yea..

My boyfriend (the father of my youngest) him and his ex wife have a VERY poisonous relationship..they are CONSTANTLY fighting and battling infront of the kids..she even brain washes the kids into sayin they hate their father..and when I lived with him she convinced her 5 year old son to kick me in the stomach...lucky i was only 10 weeks pregnant no damage done..

but its hell.and i promised my bf if we ever broke up that i'd try my hardest to have a civil relationship no matter how bad it hurt..and if we couldnt communicate well ..we'd set up a strict schedule of custody, exchange as few words as possible and we'd leave

I believe STRONGLY in those..I think its one of the Best Thing two separated parents can do for their child..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2011