Born again Virgin?

IS there such a thing? I mean...If i've already done it....does God honor my new relationship more if I wait? And If I already did it with my new partner...will God see me new again Or am i "damaged goods" I'm confused.

mamastyles

Asked by mamastyles at 10:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Once God forgives your sins, He remembers them no more! Once you meet that special someone, though you aren't a virgin. It will be an experience that only a Holy union can bring.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There is always a chance for repentance. Scripture states that if we confess our sins, He is faith and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. While you would not physically become a virgin again, I believe that God can cleanse a person from the unrighteousness associated with pre-marital sex.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• God honors your willingness to be set free. Sure you fell but God doesnt leave you there, He will pick you up and restore you when you ask Him for forgiveness. The enemy wants us to think we are no good piece of trash but that is NOT how Father God sees us.

Smanmaysmom: What is your reasoning for saying nope to this? This is not some joke yet you laugh and scoff at it? Why?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• OK sorry the term born again virgin makes me laugh so hard. It's a contradiction theres no such thing. Yes you can choose to decide that you will not have any more sex until married good for you thats commendable. However let's face reality if I could decide not to have sex for a while, my cherry grows back, and my vagina becomes new once again, then wow my husband would convert to Christianity in a heart beat and never again question god. I mean really what man doesn't love a virgin. But least face the realistic of what being a virgin is it can not happen. So no god would not look at you different he'ld love you just the same as he does now. Any one who believes he looks at you differently now does not know the god I do nor do they know a god I wish to know.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think when I spoke to a woman who read and believed in the Quran (however it is spelled) she defined it best... When you give of yourself to various men, instead of waiting for your husband, you give a piece of yourself... and you have to keep in mind what is left to give to your husband by the time you meet him if it isn't all/the whole you? Than again I love how they believe in a villiage raising a child! I can see the basis behind the statement.
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• LMFAO... NOPE!
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 10:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes, there is such a thing.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes, your SO should love you for who you are now, not who you were. But you lost your virginity you won't get it back, no matter your religious views.
    ShanAtoZ

Answer by ShanAtoZ at 11:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I had a boyfriend a few years ago who believed deeply in this concept. He had been married twice before and had girlfriends. His belief was that you ask God's forgiveness for the failed relationship and you asked to be washed in the blood of the lamb. God would then make you into a virgin again. Personally, I think it is a crock. I don't believe in the whole damage goods thing either. Only you can label yourself damaged. What about labeling yourself blessed, or happy, or changing?
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:22 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you-- not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience-- through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
    Hyde3

Answer by Hyde3 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 7, 2011