Venting... Moms who think their social life is more important!

I am so mad that I just have to vent. What is wrong with some mothers? This girl that I babysit for asked me to watch her 11 month old over night and I had no problem with it. She dropped him off and after she walked out the door I noticed he was sick. Now I am sick and I am so mad at her. I brought it up to her about him being sick the next day and she acted like she had no idea. How do you not notice green snot running down your kid's face? It happened too soon after she walked out for me to believe he did not have this problem at home.

My problem, and why I am so mad:

1. How can a mother be so disrespectful to leave her sick child with a pregnant woman that has her own one year old?

2. How can a mother think that going out and drinking with her friends is more important than staying home with her child when they are sick?

I was a single mother once, so I know that once in awhile you need to go out with your friends to have fun and get a break. But I never would have never left my child with anyone, let alone with a pregnant woman who has her own kid. I never would have left my child period when they were sick just to go out drinking. I can't believe how some women think drinking with their fiends is more important than taking care of their child, especially if they are sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Honestly i think that it's not that they dont care but when they are able to get that time out they just want to go, I am sorry you got sick but it is one of those things that come being a child care provider there is nothing that says they cant bring a sick child. Maybe you guys should sit down and discuss what you expect from eachother
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 10:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I'm sorry sweets!  That does suck.  It wouldn't bother me if a mom was leaving her kid with me to go out and drink, to each their own and everyone needs to blow off some steam.  Someone KNOWINGLY leaving a sick kid with me, yes, that would pee me off. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I must say I feel the same. I know a couple single Mom's who have the kids maybe 2 days a week. Party constantly. Kids in daycare full time when Mom's are at home sleeping off the drunk from the night before. They are Mom's nearing 30> Makes me sick listening to them talk. (I work with them.) It's all about who they went home with and how much they drank. poor kids. Sorry you got sick. Sounds like this Mom knew and didn't want to spoil her plans.
    Anonymous

• i totally get where you are coming from, but if the mother HAD to stay home with the kid that night when they really wanted to go out drinking she would probably resent the kid for at least a day or two. i am thankful that there are child care provider's out there that allow girls like this the time away from the kids that they want bc i would hate for them to have be there when they didn't want to and take it out on the kid.(im not saying all of them are like that but some really very much are)
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• As Mom's we do the best for our children. Stuff happens plans get changed. I would never want to leave my children sick. Unless it's with the daddy.
    Anonymous

• Moms who are more worried about their weekends than their children drive me insane! If you didnt want the responsibility of having kids, then ya shoulda kept your legs closed! (sorry, I guess I vented too) :)

Id let her know, that before she leaves him with you, you need to make sure he isn't sick, from now on. You don't need to get sick, and you don't need your little one sick.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Unique, I could understand at a day care or if I watched him full time her bringing her child when he is sick for work or whatever. But I only watch him a few times a month for her to have some time for herself. So in this case, I think it is rude for her to do that. Before I agreed to watch him in the first place we had an agreement that she would let me know when he was sick and I would decide based on what he had whether or not I could do it. Ugh this is the fourth time in three months that I have been sick which is not normal for me. So had she told me he was sick like she said she would I would have told her no. My immune system is shot with this pregnancy :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I understand that sometimes stuff happens but I would find it completely rude on ANY day for someone to leave their sick kid anywhere. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I feel bad for the baby or child ya know. Poor thing wants their mommy, not someone else:(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have the same problem with the child I baby sit ....the parents go out almost every weekend ...I watch him during the week when they work ....they constantly are gambling ,going out , have no money and live off of wic etc....I have never meet a child so sick in my life and they don't care I might have watched him one day when he wasn't sick ! I feel so sorry for him last week he was sick and his parents went out partying and the other person who watched him had to bring him to the er ....its just a sad situation ! My family just had a little bug because of him being sick ,we are constantly getting sick now !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2011